Learn to guide yourself, then learn to guide others!
Foundation Programme | 5 Day Intensive
A 5 day programme to learn the tools and techniques of Inspirational Breathing and develop a self sufficient breathing practice.
To learn the tools and techniques of Inspirational Breathing and develop a self sufficient breathing practice.
This is an exploration of your breath and learning the tools that will open the respiratory system up to a full flowing powerful healing breath.
Discover the route to your individual ‘holding on’ patterns to navigate and allow the release of trauma and blocked emotions at a cellular level by a complete brain approach, addressing the needs of:
- The cognitive brain – understanding your moods and linked behaviour, and the impact that they have
- The limbic emotional brain – grappling with and navigating your personal emotions
- The reptilian brain – which needs breath, touch and movement to clear trauma
- The conscious connected breath
- Touch and mapping your body to discover what is typically stored and where
- Sound healing and toning including the healing vibration of Tibetan bowls
- Movement, and where appropriate, linking it to toning and touch
- Affirmations to switch negative beliefs to positive ones during a receptive alpha brain wave state
This is an opportunity to be self sufficient in navigating the power of your breath. You will be able to safely complete a one hour breathing session for yourself and know the tools that best assist this. You’ll have a better understanding of your own personal blocks and patterns, whilst creating a deeply receptive space for the ‘wonderful what might be’s’ in life to unfold.
A typical day
10am – 1.00pm
Morning teaching, discussion, sharing
1.00pm – 2.00pm
Delicious healthy lunch
2.00pm – 3.00pm
Reflection time (Brighton, in good weather we walk to the beach and rest there!)
3.00pm – 4.30pm
4.30pm – 5.30pm
Sharing time, coaching.
This course is about creating a nurturing environment. There is time for deep listening and understanding of your body’s wisdom, with a willingness to receive; responding with love, respect and with your newly discovered Inspirational Breathing tools.
19th – 23rd May 2019
13th – 15th July 2019
20th – 21st July 2010
Long Weekend + Weekend Foundation Course
14th – 18th November 2019
“I enjoyed the whole experience. The theory and practice worked well and was presented in a very professional and sensitive way. Nicola is a joy to be with and communicates her huge energy to everyone in the room at all times.”
– Jim Patterson-Vanegas, Foundation Programme
Graduate Programme | 11 Day Intensive
Having completed the Foundation course, the next step is to be lead by the desire to share the breathwork with family, friends and clients. It is hands on experience from day one!
The 11 day programme builds on the personal experience and knowledge gained in the Foundation.
- An understanding of all the tools and how and when to apply them
- Creating a safe client environment with presence – the latter is fundamental to the work
- Supporting the client emotionally and physically
- Building your own breathing practice – this is essential. As a practitioner it is imperative that your own breathwork experience supports you and the work you do. It’s called ‘walking the talk’.
Each individual will bring their own life skills; which are acknowledged in the training programme.
Depending on group requirements Master Classes are available in:
- Coaching and supporting the client
- Sharpening up any aspect of the skill set required e.g. conscious touch
The purpose of the course is to prepare and qualify to become a Practitioner in Inspirational Breathing. To qualify, a period of time completing 50 family and friends case studies, as well as literature study, is required before professional client work can commence.
The reading list is inspiring and wide-ranging, covering the technical aspects of breath work, trauma release and personal presence.
There is a practical session with Nicola to complete before the Practitioner is ready to fly free.
There is no requirement to be part of Inspirational Breathing. Skills can be taken and adapted to suit each individual’s needs and life experience/work.
May – June 2019
6th – 10th May
23rd – 28th June
September – October 2019
25th- 29th September
10th – 15th October
30th November – 5th December 2019
16th – 21st December 2019
“As an Acting and Performance Coach and Trainer, I thought I knew the importance and value of breathing, but the first breath session I had in Rottingdean with Nicola opened up something very new, fundamental and powerful. I knew that it was a journey that I wanted and needed to go on and so I signed up for The Foundation and Graduate Programmes… Nicola is an extrordinary woman, a wonderful guide and teacher as well as an inspirational human being to have in your life!”
– Pat O’Toole, Graduate Programme
Outcome & Requirements
- To deepen own breathing practice and client base practice
- To contribute research/writing to breathing community
- To enable to train in the foundation programme
Mentoring and observation for 1 year.
“Nicola is passionate, knowledgeable, supportive and kind. You could not ask for a better teacher. Inspirational breathing is a safe and gentle tool for shifting / releasing blocked energy and emotions and enabling us to live as our most authentic selves. Despite the deep level of release taking place over the year long training at all times I felt safe and supported.. This work really does change lives!”
– Emma Hiwaizi, Laughter Yoga Leader & Teacher
Stand and Deliver
Outcome & Requirements
To independently run Inspirational Breathing workshops.
- Completion of Stand and Deliver workshop
- Minimum hands on facilitation for 6 Inspirational Breathing workshops
- Observation and mentoring
The Inspirational Breathing team will be hosting workshops this summer at The Studio, Brighton.
Join Nicola and the tribe in one of the following 2.5hour guided breath journeys to experience first hand the healing power of the breath.
Sunday 16th June
10:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 16:30
Sunday 18th August
10:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 16:30
Workshop entry fee is £38 per person and places can be confirmed via ticketsource.co.uk/inspirational-breathing
27th December 2019 – 3rd January 2020
Stretch Yoga and Inspirational Breathing Retreat
March 2020 TBC
Meditation and Breath Work in different spiritual locations
To discuss details and apply for a place please contact Nicola.