Learn to guide yourself, then learn to guide others!
Foundation Programme | 5 Day Intensive
A 5 day programme to learn the tools and techniques of Inspirational Breathing and develop a self sufficient breathing practice.
When current restrictions are lifted we will return to running full day and half day workshops. These are a great way to find out more and experience Inspirational Breathing, to see whether you would like to train with us.
To learn the tools and techniques of Inspirational Breathing and develop a self sufficient breathing practice.
This is an exploration of your breath and learning the tools that will open the respiratory system up to a full flowing powerful healing breath.
Discover the route to your individual ‘holding on’ patterns to navigate and allow the release of trauma and blocked emotions at a cellular level by a complete brain approach, addressing the needs of:
- The cognitive brain – understanding your moods and linked behaviour, and the impact that they have
- The limbic emotional brain – grappling with and navigating your personal emotions
- The reptilian brain – which needs breath, touch and movement to clear trauma
- The conscious connected breath
- Touch and mapping your body to discover what is typically stored and where
- Sound healing and toning including the healing vibration of Tibetan bowls
- Movement, and where appropriate, linking it to toning and touch
- Affirmations to switch negative beliefs to positive ones during a receptive alpha brain wave state
This is an opportunity to be self sufficient in navigating the power of your breath. You will be able to safely complete a one hour breathing session for yourself and know the tools that best assist this. You’ll have a better understanding of your own personal blocks and patterns, whilst creating a deeply receptive space for the ‘wonderful what might be’s’ in life to unfold.
A typical day (before the current restrictions were imposed):
10am – 1.00pm
Morning teaching, discussion, sharing
1.00pm – 2.00pm
Delicious healthy lunch
2.00pm – 3.00pm
Reflection time (Brighton, in good weather we walk to the beach and rest there!)
3.00pm – 4.30pm
4.30pm – 5.30pm
Sharing time, coaching.
This course is about creating a nurturing environment. There is time for deep listening and understanding of your body’s wisdom, with a willingness to receive; responding with love, respect and with your newly discovered Inspirational Breathing tools.
Online Foundation Course
Currently we are running the Foundation Course online, via Zoom, to amazing reviews and incredible feedback.
We ran the first Zoom Foundation Course in early July 2020 and we were overwhelmed by the experiences that were possible by creating and working in a safe and held space within the comfort of your own home. This online platform is a powerful medium that still allows Nicola to be alongside you on your breathing journey, guiding & supporting you through all the riches that Inspirational Breathing can unfold.
“I enjoyed the whole experience. The theory and practice worked well and was presented in a very professional and sensitive way. Nicola is a joy to be with and communicates her huge energy to everyone in the room at all times.”
– Jim Patterson-Vanegas, Foundation Programme
Graduate Programme | 11 Day Intensive
Having completed the Foundation course, the next step is to be led by the desire to share the breathwork with family, friends and clients. It is hands on experience from day one! Completion of this Programme including 50 case studies qualifies you to give breath work 121’s. Additional training (see steps 3 & 4) is required to present Inspirational Breathing Workshops.
The 11 day programme builds on the personal experience and knowledge gained in the Foundation.
- An understanding of all the tools and how and when to apply them
- Creating a safe client environment with presence – the latter is fundamental to the work
- Supporting the client emotionally and physically
- Building your own breathing practice – this is essential. As a practitioner it is imperative that your own breathwork experience supports you and the work you do. It’s called ‘walking the talk’.
Each individual will bring their own life skills which are acknowledged in the training programme.
Depending on group requirements Master Classes are available in:
- Coaching and supporting the client
- Sharpening up any aspect of the skill set required e.g. conscious touch
The purpose of the course is to prepare and qualify to become a Practitioner in Inspirational Breathing. To qualify, a period of time completing 50 family and friends case studies, as well as literature study, is required before professional client work can commence.
The reading list is inspiring and wide-ranging, covering the technical aspects of breath work, trauma release and personal presence.
There is a practical session with Nicola to complete before the Practitioner is ready to fly free.
There is no requirement to be part of Inspirational Breathing. Skills can be taken and adapted to suit each individual’s needs and life experience/work.
Online Graduate Programme
Monday 5th to Saturday 10th October 2020
“As an Acting and Performance Coach and Trainer, I thought I knew the importance and value of breathing, but the first breath session I had in Rottingdean with Nicola opened up something very new, fundamental and powerful. I knew that it was a journey that I wanted and needed to go on and so I signed up for The Foundation and Graduate Programmes… Nicola is an extrordinary woman, a wonderful guide and teacher as well as an inspirational human being to have in your life!”
– Pat O’Toole, Graduate Programme
Outcome & Requirements
- To deepen own breathing practice and client base practice
- To contribute research/writing to breathing community
- To enable to train in the foundation programme
Mentoring and observation for 1 year.
“Nicola is passionate, knowledgeable, supportive and kind. You could not ask for a better teacher. Inspirational breathing is a safe and gentle tool for shifting / releasing blocked energy and emotions and enabling us to live as our most authentic selves. Despite the deep level of release taking place over the year long training at all times I felt safe and supported.. This work really does change lives!”
– Emma Hiwaizi, Laughter Yoga Leader & Teacher
Stand and Deliver
Outcome & Requirements
To independently run Inspirational Breathing workshops.
- Completion of Stand and Deliver workshop
- Minimum hands on facilitation for 6 Inspirational Breathing workshops
- Observation and mentoring